[PD] which pix_opencv to select in Deken?

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 18:16:42 CET 2017

Hi,

concerning the configure step, you can use :

./configure --with-gem=/usr/local/include/Gem

and eventually add --with-pd if pkg-config can't find pd headers
automatically.
afaik you don't need to add Gem's folder to LDFLAGS since it will link at
runtime to Gem's DLL.

Concerning make step, if you speed up with -j x then build might fail
because of unfinish job when linking but iirc, you can then run it once
again without -j option.
then it takes advange of parallel compilation even if it fails.

I just bulid it this morning on Arch and I have to build opencv2 from
source before, because pix_opencv doens't work with opencv3 and there is no
plan to port it for now.

Best

Antoine

--