[PD] still annoying gem.conf

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Sun Nov 5 22:42:56 CET 2017

Hi list,

Perhap there is by now a way to get rid of the annoying error message at
pd startup saying
	open: /etc/pd/gem.conf: No such file or directory
	open: /home/peter/.pd/gem.conf: No such file or directory
	open: ./gem.conf: No such file or directory
? Even if I create an empty file /etc/pd/gem.conf the two other messages
are still displayed. I wonder what the use of this is, should I keep
three identical files or symlinks distributed all over the system only
to have Gem load with less noise?

This has been discussed in 2009 here
https://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2009-12/074830.html
but it is 2018 soon. Perhaps the point of views have a chance to be
changed?  It would be terrific!

best,P