[PD] blinkenlights player without rendering in window

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Wed Nov 8 15:27:50 CET 2017

Hi list,

I know that the unauthorized lib features the nice blinkenlights player.
I would like to play back the movie files (.blm) but decide myself how
to display the pixels. Actually I would like to do so across a videowall
consisting of multiple computers running Pd/Gem. I can't arrive to find
a way to get the messages that turn pixels on and off from the
[blinkenlights] object, as it renders the output directly.
Does anyone know if what I want to do is possibleā„¢ with Pd or if there
is any other players for .blm files that output the pixel state as Pd
messages?

Thank you!