[PD] Win10: pix_image does not find files in folders with Umlaut

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Wed Nov 8 15:59:30 CET 2017

Before I get and (get an account on github in order to) report this as a
Gem Bug, I would like to know if someone else can reproduce the
following error.

I create a directory namend "folder" that holds a patch
	image.pd
consisting of a render graph with a [pix_image rockstar.jpg] object etc.
and an image file
	rockstar.jpg
in the same directory. It loads fine, unless the folder name is changed
to contain an umlaut such as in "földer".

Then the following error message is posted:
GEM: recordQT: error -50 in FSMakeFSSpec()
GemImageLoad: Unable to find file: C:/Users/rockstar/Desktop/földer/rockstar.jpg
parID : 150470656
[pix_image]: loading of 'C:/Users/rockstar/Desktop/földer/quinn.jpg' failed

This is on Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.14393 and it would be nice to know
if other Pd objects and other Windows versions are affected too before
reporting it as bug.

Thank you for your help on this one!
Peter