[PD] [PD-announce] PIKSEL17 - We Take EmoCoin! Festival Announcement

220hex gif at 220hex.org
Wed Nov 8 14:45:39 CET 2017

PIKSEL17 We Take EmoCoin!
The 15th annual Piksel Festival for Electronic Art and Free Technologies

- November 16th-18th, Bergen (NO)
- http://17.piksel.no

WELCOME TO the 15th Edition of the PIKSEL FESTIVAL!
Piksel is an annual festival for artists and developers working with
free/open source software, hardware and art in Bergen.

We Take EmoCoin! The Piksel17 festival slogan points out to the new
capital: our emotions. Emotions has become the new coin. Emotions can
be measured, monitored and monetized in almost real time. Together with
our use of social networks, technology is also investing in bio-sensing
the body to collect our bio-data. So, we ourselves with our public
online behaviour and our stored bio-signals, visualized and interfaced,
create a direct link between emotions and money.

PIKSEL17 – We Take EmoCoin!
------------------------------

PIKSEL17 – We Take EmoCoin! is devoted to show a series of artistic
works, performances, workshops and presentations dealing with DIY
A-Life (artificial life), DIY electronic and audiovisual artworks, and
concerts.

Piksel KidZ Lab
From 6th of November, Piksel Studio 207 will host the Autumn School
Piksel KidZ Lab. Three workshops: Hello plants :), Water talking! and
Sonorartec to explore the urban and natural environment. Kids build
small electronic sound devices, marine bioart sensors, and chips to
communicate with the plants.

Check our website! Streams of the performances! (16th-18th from 20:00
to 24:00)

------------------------------

Programme:

EXHIBITIONS @ Piksel Studio 207, SKUR14 and Gallery S12
http://17.piksel.no/?cat=3
http://17.piksel.no/?cat=5

Gabriela Munguía, Lupita Chavez (Colectivo Electrobiota), Benjamin
Grosser, Antonio Quiroga, Julien Poidevin, Vilde Andersen, Iván
Paulsen, Nicholas Knouf, Daniela Moreno Wray, Alexandra Cardenas,
Camilla Vatne Barratt-Due, Seph Li, Paola Torres Nuñez del Prado, ,
Julien Ottavi/Jenny Pickett, Aline Martinez Santos, Annette
Schmid&Veerle Pennock, Beam, Kate Sicchio&Camille Baker, Maria Paulina
Gutiérrez, Renata Gaui, Shary Kock, Shih Wei Chieh, Teresa Almeida,
Tincuta Heinzel, Angela Davies, Alexander Senko, Osvaldo Cibils, Bjørn
Magnhildøen, Nick Montfort, Cecilia Jonsson, Andreja Andric, Jonas
Lund, Marek Sitko, Wayne Kent Madsen, Robert B. LISEK, James Sham, Neil
Rubens, Brian Korgel, Patrick Killoran, Mattis Kuhn, Jacob Sundstrom.

PERFORMANCES  @ Bergen Kjøtt
http://17.piksel.no/?cat=6

Neil C Smith, Agnes Pe, Robert B. Lisek , Marco Valdivia,
Alexandra Cardenas, Camilla Vatne Barratt-Due, Anders Eiebakke, Grim
Erland Svingen, Andreja Andric, Eli Guðnason, Søren Krag, John Hegre,
Greg Pope, Jean-Philippe Gross, Xavier Querel, Julien Ottavi, Jenny
Pickett, Elise Macmillan, Derek Holzer, Juan Jaramillo.

ARTIST TALKS @ Bergen Kjøtt
http://17.piksel.no/?cat=2

Artists TBA

WORKSHOPS @ Studio Piksel 207
http://17.piksel.no/?cat=4

BioSIGNAL Sensing Workshop by Cristian Delgado
Bergen PD Meeting
From E-waste to Sound Device by Toni Quiroga
Praxis LIVE - Hybrid Visual IDE for Live Creative Coding by Neil C.
Smith
A Recipe for Destruction: Secure Hardware Data Erasure by Nikita
Mazurov
Sonified Textiles by Paola Torres Nuñez del Prado
Biotransmissions by Colectivo Electrobiota
Vector Synthesis by Derek Holzer

Open call for participants.
Register by sending an email to: prod at piksel.no

--
more info and complete festival program:
http://17.piksel.no/

Piksel17 is supported by The Norwegian Art Council, Bergen
Municipality, Hordaland County, Nordic Cultural Fund, Norwegian
Ministry of Foreigh Affairs, PNEK, BEK, OCA, Bergen Kjøtt and Gallery
S12.

PIKSEL :: FREE AS IN ART!
Piksel is an international event for artists and developers working with
free and open technologies in artistic practice.
Part workshop, part festival, it is organized in Bergen, Norway, and
involves participants from more than a dozen countries exchanging
ideas, coding, presenting art and software projects, doing workshops,
performances and discussions on the aesthetics and politics of free
technologies & art.