[PD] Changing pd path in Settings stores current audio api to .pdsettings

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Fri Nov 10 13:46:10 CET 2017

Hi list,

For many years I started pd on Linux from the console with its default audio
settings from my then .pdrc defaulting to alsa with a simple
	pd

When I needed pd to use jack I would start
	pd -jack

Nowadays it seems that pd stores whatever audio API I am currently using
whenever I change any aspect of its settings, eg. changing search paths.

This can lead to
	pd
telling me that jack is not running. I have to check every time I modify any pd setting which audio API gets stored to
.pdsettings and if that is my prefered default (alsa). Is there anything
I can do to have a fixed default API regardless of other settings (a
bash alias is not an option)?

Thanks for all ideas!
Peter