[PD] pure data upper memory limit ?

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Sat Nov 11 23:46:33 CET 2017

yes, on windows the limit for 32 bit processes is around 2GB. theoretically you can address ~4GB but half of it is reserved for the system:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366778(v=vs.85).aspx

there is a tweak which allows for full 4GB in user space but I never tried it:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb613473(v=vs.85).aspx

Christof