[PD] problems testing MIDI clock input

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 05:37:24 CET 2017

Hi, since now we're removing [midiclkin] (which never worked by the way),
I'm testing a MIDI clock input with [midirealtimein].

The idea is to extract the tempo from the clock input, as [midiclkin] would
do, but I'm getting a jittered value.

I have [midirealtimein] into a [sel 248] and then I'm measuring tempo
between bangs with [timer] and I just can't get a steady tempo, [realtime]
also doesn't do the trick.

Can anyone tell me why this happens? Is it a problem with [midirealtimein]?
With the time measuring objects [timer] and [realtime]?

Is anybody else testing this and getting a steady measurement?

For my test, I'm sending clock from Ableton Live via IAC Driver Bus 1 on a
mac

cheers