[PD] IP address of local machine

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 17:35:36 CET 2017

Hey all

Is there a simple cross-platform way for a patch to know the main IP
address of the local machine? Assume the patch is connected to a remote
server and is able to request its public IP address. What I like to
find out is if the local patch is communicating through NAT or directly
to the remote server.

An incoming IP packet from the remote server would contain that
information in the destination IP address field of the IP header, but
the network objects I'm using ([tcpclient] and [udpclient]) don't
expose that information.

Maybe there are other ways?

Roman