[PD] IP address of local machine

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Sun Dec 17 11:48:24 CET 2017

Hi Roman,

If the server is brokering the traffic then you never need to know
the private network addresses as NAT will map them to public port
numbers and the router will map the returned packets back to local
addresses.

But I guess you want to use the server to do peer discovery
and then having the two clients communicate directly.

Aren't there some more genral network utility objects in Pd?

In my wishes we would have:
[tcpdump] and [hping], one to dump traffic, maybe in hex to
avoid Pd's fussiness about control characters, and one to
craft any and all packets according to a template sent in
a prior message.

And to get really serious about Pd as a network utility
how about [sock], an object to be set up as a raw socket?

cheers
Andy