[PD] Can't load external I put together and want to test

Alexandros adrcki at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 17:33:19 CET 2017

On 26/12/2017 12:00 πμ, katja wrote:
> (on top of my head) even when an executable is found by pd, some
> things can still go wrong;
>
> - a symbol is not found
> - required arguments aren't supplied
>
> If a (function) symbol is not found, I think that pd would mention
> that in verbose mode. Is there no relevant warning at all?
In verbose mode and Log: 4 I get this after the success line:
load_object: Symbol "sync_phasor_tilde_setup" not found

There is a sync_phasor_tilde_setup() method in my code though. It's this:

void sync_phasor_tilde_setup(void)
{
   sync_phasor_tilde_class = class_new(gensym("sync_phasor~"),
   (t_newmethod)sync_phasor_tilde_new, (t_method)sync_phasor_tilde_free,
   sizeof(t_sync_phasor_tilde), 0, A_DEFFLOAT, 0);
   class_addmethod(sync_phasor_tilde_class, (t_method)sync_phasor_tilde_dsp,
     gensym("dsp"), A_CANT, 0);
   CLASS_MAINSIGNALIN(sync_phasor_tilde_class, t_sync_phasor_tilde, x_f);
}