[PD] Can't load external I put together and want to test

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Wed Dec 27 19:05:03 CET 2017

this strikes me as odd. in C, funtion declarations/definitions are extern by default, i.e. there shouldn't be any difference between
void foo(void) { ... }
and
extern void foo(void) {...}

in fact, I haven't seen a single Pd external source file where the setup function was explicitly marked 'extern'.

could it be that your setup function was accidentally marked as 'static'? how did you build your external?