[PD] declare vs. namespaces - current best practice

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jan 2 19:53:26 CET 2018

On 01/02/2018 07:34 PM, Lucas Cordiviola wrote:
> Happy 2018 list!!!
>
> IMO [foo/obj] is the “best practice”.

i find [list-abs/list-splat] to be certainly bad practice.

i don't think there is one general "best practice" for these kind of
things (with the current state of affairs).

> I'm having inconsistent results for single-binary libs (iemlib). Some obj are working and some not. See pic attached.

because iemlib, even when compiled as a single-binary is *not only* a
single binary, but also comes with a number of abstractions.

with iemlib and some other libs like zexy, but also Gem (which tries to
do that for you by magicking), the "best practice" is to load both the
library and add the path and then use the objects without a prefix (aka
namespace).

fgmrdsa
IOhannes