[PD] declare vs. namespaces - current best practice

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 16:20:06 CET 2018

> On 01/05/2018 12:17 AM, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> >
> > The compiled object from the lib listed in the path doesn't get called,
> and
> > the one specified in [declare] gets called instead.
> >

> repeat the test with two abstractions having loading libraries providing
> the same object.
> e.g. abs1.pd uses a [gate] stub that prints "gate 1", whereas abs2.pd
> uses a [gate] stub that prints "gate 2".
> load abs1.pd, after that abs2.pd (either manually, or by putting them
> into a master patch). observe the console.

ok, I actually have to say I don't get what this is supposed to test. I
just get "gate1" and "gate2" as I would expect and I don't see how it
relates to the previous discussion.

Now, since I have already replied to this giving the idea that I understood
it and that it made me see things I didn't know, I have to explain that I
had found them on my own and just assumed we were talking about the same
thing. But now that I actually tried to check it, I don't.

Sorry for the confusion. I'm actually on vacation visiting paradisiac
beaches of the brazilian northeast and shouldn't be trying to find time to
keep up with this :)

cheers