[PD] pd-0.48.1 trouble getting started

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 22:55:46 CET 2018

> On Jan 9, 2018, at 6:17 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 09:17:49 -0800
> From: Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu <mailto:msp at ucsd.edu>>
> To: IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at <mailto:zmoelnig at iem.at>>
> Cc: pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>
> Subject: Re: [PD] pd-0.48.1 trouble getting started
>
> Yes, FYI I'm still using makefile.gnu.  It takes about 25% as long to do the
> job as the automake thing does, and when it fails I can usually figure out why.

The configure step is slow but the actual make part is usually not much slower than a plain makefile since automate generates plain makefiles. However, the configure step gives you easily configurable build options, system checks, library checks, and a helpful configuration output print at the end.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>