[PD] extra folder should have search priority over externals

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 03:11:57 CET 2018

Hi, I opened an issue on github (see
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/289), but I thought I'd also
post this in the list for a broader attention and possibility of discussion.

So, in cyclone we have a hilbert~ object, that I'm trying to load only as
[cyclone/hilbert~], so just "[hilbert~]" would still call the abstraction
that resides in "extra".

But that never happens as it seems externals have priority in the search
path before the extra folder.

So the only way I can load pd vanilla's hilbert~ is if I don't have cyclone
in Pd's path or in [declare], which is bad...

this could be fixed if extra had priority in the search, which I think it'd
be common sense, as Pd Vanilla objects actually do have priorities over
externals in general.

cheers