[PD] [PD-announce] Anouncing Locusamp~ object: a multiformat streaming client

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 16:48:06 CET 2018

On Don, 2018-01-25 at 15:19 +0000, Grégoire Lauvin wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm happy to announce the public release of the Locusonus external.
>
> The locusonus external feature a solo object: locuscast~, a streaming
> client, similar in use to the oggamp~ or mp3amp~ objects.

Cool. Thanks for sharing!

Two remarks:

1) Your announcement mentions the name 'locuscast~' which suggests it
is about a streaming _source_ client. However, the help-file is about
'locusamp~' and it very much looks like a playback client.

2) How is it different from the [readanysf~] external in terms of
features? I haven't found a streaming format that [readanysf~ ] does
not support. It's not based on ffmpeg, though, but on gavl and gmerlin-
avdec.

Roman