[PD] [PD-announce] Anouncing Locusamp~ object: a multiformat streaming client

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 21:47:21 CET 2018

On Don, 2018-01-25 at 20:06 +0000, Grégoire Lauvin wrote:
> 1) I screwed up! I mean locusamp~ of course. Dammit,I had one job…
> There is in fact a locuscast streaming source client, but it's an iOs
> and Android app made by us as well, and we are thinking about making
> it a Pd external too.

Cool! I know about [mp3cast~] and it seems still to work (at least for
me), but it is not maintained anymore, from what I know.

> 2) Beside the fact that locusamp~ is based on ffmpeg, I can't really
> tel because I can't get readanysf~ to work on macOs 10.10.5 (Pd crash
> anytime readanysf~try to open something)

I see

>  It seem to be the case on windows too.

Are its dependencies already built-in or are they supposed to be
installed already?

> I don't know if readanysf~ has been maintained recently either.

From what I can tell, its author is responsive to requests. I tried
only on Linux and the situation is a bit simpler there, because gavl
and gemrlin-avdec can be installed by package manager (and readanysf~
is even in the repos of Debian based distros). I guess the hard part is
to build those libraries on Windos (and maybe on macOS). I suspect it's
crashing on Windows and macOS because it is linked to missing
libraries, but that's just guess.

It's definitely interesting to having something cross-platform like
[locusamp~].

Are there sources available already? I didn't find anything on GitHub.

Roman