[PD] macOS 64 bit only soon

Raphaël Ilias phae.ilias at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 17:07:03 CET 2018

Ok, thanks for the clarification, IOhannes's message was a bit cryptic for
me !

All best dear pd community

Raphaël Ilias

Le 27 janv. 2018 5:03 PM, "Roman Haefeli" <reduzent at gmail.com> a écrit :

On Sam, 2018-01-27 at 14:06 +0100, Raphaël Ilias wrote:
> Does it mean that Puredata will soon have to upgrade all it's floats
> and ~'s objects to double precision (64bit floating point) like
> Katia's pd-double ?
> I would love that ! :)
> Long tables made easy !

Let me quote IOhannes' email from yesterday

IOhannes wrote:
"64bit in this case means "sizeof(void*)==8" - that is: 64bit pointers.

this is orthogonal to "double precision" Pd, which uses (64bit) double
as t_float."

So, no, that doesn't automatically mean double-precision Pd.

Roman