[PD] md5 object?

ub@xdv ub at xdv.org
Sun Feb 11 19:41:24 CET 2018

hello,

i've made a quick, minimal prototype:
https://github.com/sansculotte/pd-hasher

it's limited to md5, sha1 and sha256 at the moment, but the limit is
only imposed by the external code. the library used is libgcrypt. i'm
not sure if this is specifically a good idea, but it works.
https://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gcrypt/

looks like the way forward is to either use a select list of algorithms
and include their implementations, thus reducing dependencies or keep
using the library and expose more functionality.

the makefile is linux only, but i'm sure it can be made to work for osx
and windows too.

have fun, post any issues to github.

cheers,
ub