[PD] Pd on Tiny Core Linux on Raspberry Pi

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Thu Feb 22 08:53:16 CET 2018

Hi Thomas,
On 17/02/18 06:58, Thomas Grill wrote:
> i have just submitted picore extension packages for pd-0.48-1 to the respective repertory.
> I hope i have met all the requirements, so that the package can become canonical very soon.

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

> If you want to install them in the meantime, please grab the files from http://l.grrrr.org/puredata_tcz
> The manual installation procedure is the following:
I was able to do a manual install quite easily by copying the
puredata.tcz file over to the RPi and then running:

tce-load -i ./puredata.tcz

The reason this did not work before (which I emailed you about) was I
had been doing `wget http://l.grrrr.org/puredata_tcz` not realising this
was your ownCloud server page rather than the package file itself.

One thing I noticed is your package seems to be mounted from a different
location to all of the other packages:

$ mount | tail -n 4
/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/libvorbis.tcz on /tmp/tcloop/libvorbis type
squashfs (ro,relatime)
/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/libogg-dev.tcz on /tmp/tcloop/libogg-dev
type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/libogg.tcz on /tmp/tcloop/libogg type
squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop108 on /tmp/tcloop/puredata type squashfs (ro,relatime)

Note the mount source of `/dev/loop108` instead of `/mnt/mmcblk0p2...`.

In any case, running running a test tone patch produces sound with your
package installed (despite the Alsa error):

$ pd -nogui test-tone.pd
priority 92 scheduling failed; running at normal priority
priority 94 scheduling failed.
ALSA input error (snd_pcm_open): No such file or directory

If I run with `sudo` the scheduling messages disappear.

Thanks again. Hope the package gets accepted!

Cheers,

Chris.

--
http://mccormick.cx/