[PD] netsend/netreceive with -nogui

Fede Camara Halac camarafede at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 14:39:44 CET 2018

Hi all,

Any reason why sometimes opening 2 instances with -nogui and communicating via netsend and netreceive would fail?

I am careful enought to open the socket first  (netreceive) and then to connect. With gui, I have no problem. With -nogui, sometimes the network does not initialize.

I realize I use Gem on one instance and not on the other, so a delay in load time might cause this, and a solution is to put netreceive in the patch with less loadtime, and delay (aka not the Gem patch)

but other than that I am wondering if -nogui would affect communication between instances.

Cheers,

Fede

fdch.github.io/tv