[PD] [PD-dev] Fwd: external help, please

Alex x37v.alex at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 17:26:47 CET 2018

Pierre,
That is really helpful! So, do we not know the vector size until the *_dsp
method then? There is EXTERN int sys_getblksize(void); in m_pd.h, it would
probably be useful if we added comments indicating the usage of that if it
isn't giving us the block size that we should expect in _perform
Another thing I wasn't sure about is if you need to explicitly free symbols
after you gensym if they're being used for variables etc [like to get a
"value"]. would be nice to add into the header docs.
Maybe these questions are answered "how to make an external" doc but I
didn't see it.
It could be useful to create an updated doc.