[PD] netsend/netreceive with -nogui

Federico Camara Halac camarafede at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 22:32:36 CET 2018

Hi Peter,

I modified the patch so that netsend/netreceive take messages (attached)

The following doesn't work:

$  killall pd
$  PORTNUM=5011; pd -nogui -send ";start listen $PORTNUM" -open
netreceive-patch.pd & pd -nogui -send ";start connect localhost $PORTNUM"
-open netsend-patch.pd
connecting stream socket: Connection refused (61)

However, this does work:

$  killall pd
$  PORTNUM=5012; pd -nogui -send ";start listen $PORTNUM" -open
netreceive-patch.pd* & sleep 1 ; * pd -nogui -send ";start connect
localhost $PORTNUM" -open netsend-patch.pd

I guess it's a timing issue?