[PD] [PD-announce] ofelia v1.0.4: Pd external library, written, with openFrameworks (Zack Lee)

Zack Lee cuinjune at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 07:10:33 CET 2018

Hi Jim.
That's not a bug. ofelia and some other external libraries such as GEM use
only one binary file which contains all objects in it.
When using these types of external libraries, you must create(or declare)
the base object first in order to use all other objects in the library.

To do this, you can of course put a [declare -lib ofelia] into a patch
whenever you want to use the library.
Or you can go to Pd -> Preferences -> Startup -> New and add ofelia so it
can be loaded whenever you start Pd. This way, you don't need to have
[declare] in a patch to use the library.

Zack