[PD] [PD-dev] Fwd: external help, please

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 09:54:04 CET 2018

> Wow, that's *exactly* what I needed :) it couldn't be easier than that
> for me, haha, thanks!

Well, it got hard again. I actually needed an extra main signal inlet, so,
when I added it, I managed to make it work and build and stuff... but now,
if I  change the number of channels (that is, if I recreate the object with
a different argument), Pd can freeze or blow up... so I screwed it somehow.
Here's the code:
https://github.com/porres/pd-else/blob/master/classes/mtx~.c - I don't know
if it's something to do with the "free" method, or something inside the
"dsp" method, that's all I can think but I've also already done all I could
take a wild guess on.

On the other hand, I made progress with my previous way of trying to do
this. Instead of a split and mirrored output, say 1 2 3 | 3 2 1, I'm now
able to get an exact copy of the input, but reversed. Say the input is "1 2
3 4 5 6", I get "6 5 4 3 2 1".

Ok, so I see a way around would be to have a temporary array and rearrange
things over. Well, I tried all possible combinations to not have that
inverted result, nothing worked... so either I missed something or it's
just that I really need a temporary array to rearrange things. Now, I also
tried that in every way I could take a guess, but failed miserably, here's
the blunt truth, I can't really code, so I need a pretty straightforward
example for me to work on and develop on it, like:
https://github.com/pierreguillot/pd.dummies/blob/master/src/leeloo_tilde.c -
or also some fix to this code on my repository: here's the issue and link
to the code:  https://github.com/porres/pd-else/issues/161

Yeah, I know, if only one could give me a hint and I'd fix it myself, but
sorry, I'm not there yet. So I hope someone can give me a fix in either of
the two attempts.

By the way, the end goal is not to have this silly multi channel gate
object, but more of an automatic fade in/out for multi-channel files. I got
all the rest worked out, but I need to get over this obstacle... yeah, I
would know how to do this as a patch, but, well, I'm trying to learn how to
make externals ;)

thanks