[PD] Text projection in real time

João Pais jmmmpais at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 19:31:10 CET 2018

Hello list,

I was looking on the best way to display some texts which will be
produced/improvised in realtime. These will be acessible either as a list,
OSC, or on a file.

I tried gem's 2dtext and [flatgui/entry], but they both don't work that
well, as some or all of the following aren't possible:
- centered text
- some texts are long, so the paragraphs have to break at the end of a word
- black background, white font - font and size will be chosen later
- fullscreen on a 2nd screen (to be projected)

I imagine the word sliptting and text centering can be calculated in Pd so
that Gem displays it correctly, but I'm not sure I'll have the time for
it. So trying another solution such as coordinating with Processing or
similar would be an option, in case it's easier to implement.

Are there any suggestions on how to tackle this?

Best,

jmmmp