[PD] droidparty's [touch] on 0.48-1 and "grid" like object in vanilla

oliver oliver at klingt.org
Fri Mar 2 02:09:03 CET 2018

> My hunch is Miller or somebody changed something with the
> unsupported donecanvasdialog messages that those droidparty
> abstractions are (ab)using, but I do not have evidence for this yet.

indeed, for what i know, "donecanvasdialog" changed with 0.48 !
(there has been a post on this list by christof ressi some months ago)
https://www.mail-archive.com/pd-list@lists.iem.at/msg12504.html

the third argument (the one that represents the "graph on parent" and
"hide object names and arguments" checkboxes) has changed its counting
method.

what used to be "2" in earlier PD versions (both checkboxes ticked) must
now say "3":

so until PD 0.47 it was:
donecanvasdialog 1 -1 2 0 -1 1 1 120 60 10 10, dirty 0

from PD 0.48 on it's:
donecanvasdialog 1 -1 3 0 -1 1 1 120 60 10 10, dirty 0

that broke my GOP patches too, but i already updated them all
accordingly. not too much work ...

but i really think this should be mentioned in capital letters in the
release notes for PD 0.48, since i'm sure many people "exploited" this
feature to build their customized GUIs

best

oliver