[PD] Pd's RGB color scheme for Data Structures

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 4 21:45:35 CET 2018

There is a swatch/color picker in jmmmp objects. Looks great  - swatch-gui-help.pd and swatch-help.pd but...I can find the zexy objects, but where are list-add list-rot and list-mult objects?Ed

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-^-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

For Lone Shark releases, Pure Data software and published Research, go to http://sharktracks.co.uk

    On Friday, 2 March 2018, 17:10:08 GMT, Ingo Stock <mail at ingostock.de> wrote:

 On 03/02/2018 05:54 PM, José de Abreu wrote:> but for 0 to 255 rgb
values, the math is simple, just divide this number
> by 9/255 and discard the fractional part, then multiply by the position
> and sum all (it gives a number from 0 to 999)

With data structures, the color range for red, green, blue is from 0 to
8 respectively, so the whole spectrum is 0-888. A digit 9 equals digit 8
so 959 equals 858. So the calculation is * 8/255.

See here for a demo patch:
https://forum.pdpatchrepo.info/topic/11085/how-to-convert-pd-s-color-numbers-for-data-structures-to-rgb

best, ingo