[PD] how to change an object's argument via dynamic patching

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 00:19:39 CET 2018

> i´d be interested in a way of dynamically changing number of voices
> assigned to a “clone” object. I am aware that this will rebuild the dsp
> graph

I'd be really interested in that too, but I just don't think it makes sense
that we should find a way to do it in Vanilla, as this would be quite much
more easily done if only the object could  do that on its own via messages.

We're basically after a kludgy and hacky way of working around the object
limitation, but I think the most elegant solution is just to make [clone]
be able to do that. That's actually about the same issue I was having,
which would be changing an object's parameters/arguments (in that case
[filledpolygon]), but then, again, I don't think we should bother in that
direction, but just work on making the object more versatile.

So maybe make a suggestion, open an issue, try a Pull Request ;)

cheers