[PD] avoid "properities"/"open" options in abstractions

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Mar 6 10:34:52 CET 2018

On 2018-03-06 00:53, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> Hi, I'm looking for a way to avoid "properties" from popping up as an
> option when right clicking in an abstraction.
>
> This is not really "important", basically only merely aesthetical, as I
> want to make abstractions look more closely as compiled objects... but
> anyway, please don't judge :)
>
> So, is there a way to do it? Like an external out there? If not, I guess I
> need to figure out how to make my own...
>
> Moreover, I'm also after a way to avoid clicking on an abstraction and
> opening it, or also even preventing the "open" option from the right click
> menu as well.

the right-click menu can be changed, but this would apply to *all*
abstractions, not just specific ones (e.g. see the iemguts'
[propertybang] object, which changes the effect of the "Properties" item
in the menu, and requires some extra code to hide this for canvases that
don't have a a [propertybang] object).

but if you just want to prevent users from opening up objects in your
publicly facing installation, i'd do:
- make all public objects GOP (even if they are not effectively showing
anything, this will prevent the abstraction from being opened by "just
clicking")
- use the kiosk-plugin to disable the right-click menu completely
(HidePopup True), so the abstractions cannot be opened via the
context-menu either.

fgmasdr
IOhannes