[PD] sysex messages

mario buoninfante mario.buoninfante at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 21:28:39 CET 2018

Hi Miller,

yap I'm using ALSA.

btw, I had a look at the source code (I want to clarify I'm not a C
programmer :) ) and from what I found in x_midi.c and s_midi.c, it kind
of make sense that [midiout] returns 1 byte at time.

it seems to me we're missing a way to detect outgoing sysex messages
(maybe having a dedicated object could help), so there's no way to
collect a sysex and send it out in one go (ie having an array to
return). I apologize for my trivial description of the "problem", but
this is what I think is causing this behaviour.

cheers,

Mario