[PD] bigger inlet/outlet size in 0.48.1 ...

Derek Kwan derek.x.kwan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 00:30:54 CET 2018

Derek Kwan <derek.x.kwan at gmail.com> writes:

> oliver <oliver at klingt.org> writes:
>
>> even if "uniform rendering across systems" is definitely a worthy goal,
>> are the bigger inlets really unavoidable ?
>>
>> no chance to at least hack a personal version of a tcl file to make
>> them thin again ?
>>
>> i for one like the slimmer inlets waaaaay better.
>
> I suppose I'm in the minority in the proceedings of this
> thread,... but I actually like the thick inlets/outlets =) I've never
> had the best eyesight (as evidenced by my ever-growing thickness of
> glasses lenses over my lifetime) so I like things big and
> high-contrasty (if anything, I could use another pixel-width thickness =P).
>
> I suppose to due my differing opinion, I would +1 the option to change
> inlet/outlet thicknesses, perhaps via TCL or .pdsettings.
>
> Derek

Sorry for the double posting in quick succession, but I've just noticed
that although these objects have the thicker inlets/outlets:

objects
number boxes
symbol boxes
message boxes

The following have the original THINNER inlets/outlets (perhaps due to
them being more "fullblown GUI elements")
:
number2 boxes
radios
sliders
bangs
toggles
VU meters

To sum up, everything in the first subdivision of the "Put" menu
(besides comments which don't have inlets/outlets) have the thicker
inlets/outlets, everything in the second subdivision has the smaller
ones. Which is a bit inconsistent. Personally, I have a really hard time
seeing those inlets/outlets in that second list, but from this thread,
there are differing opinions to be had on the subject.

Derek
--
Derek Kwan
www.derekxkwan.com