[PD] [clone] observations

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Sun Mar 18 17:23:18 CET 2018

Hi list, Miller.

A little late to the game I started to use [clone]. Some observations:

1. If the abstraction name already exists as an external, it fails to
instantiate. Meaning you can't do [clone spigot 10] or [clone disk 4]. I
think this is a bug, as the local abstraction should override any built
in objects or externals.

2. In the helpfile the example is [clone clone-subpatch 16] which is
confusing, I think it should be [clone clone-abstraction 16] because
that's what it is in Pd terminology, right? (A subpatch being [pd subpatch])

3. When saving a cloned abstraction that has ben opened through the
clone object it closes itself. That probably has a technical reason but
for the user experience it is a little annoying.

But generally I really like the functionality of it. Greatly simplifies
some of my patches. I hope my feedback was helpful.

m.