[PD] [convolve~] version 0.11 testing

Marco Matteo Markidis mm.markidis at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 14:16:20 CET 2018

hi william,

i met the same problem in [loadmess]. actually you can clock a 0-delay
time; in this case the loading method should be evaluated at the end of the
same logical time, providing that the loadbanged array is evaluated. if
this solution is not correct, i have to change loadmess :)

best,
marco

> That's something I actually did for this round and then abandoned. I had
> it taking an array name as the 2nd argument (so it wouldn't break backward
> compatibility), and then automatically running the IR analysis routine at
> the end of object creation. The problem I couldn't come up with a good
> solution for was that the IR array won't necessarily be loaded with samples
> before [convolve~] creates. So in a scenario where you have a patch that
> loadbangs an IR .wav file into an array as the patch starts up, [convolve~]
> tries to analyze the IR array given as a creation argument before the .wav
> is loaded, and ends up analyzing an array full of zeros.
>
> I started on a strategy where I set a clock to wait a certain amount of
> time before running the analyze routine at the end of object creation, but
> that seemed like bad design. Anyone have any suggestions for this problem?
>

> On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 11:14 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres <
> porres at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Awesome!
>>
>> I always hoped convovle~ could take an optional symbol argument to define
>> an array to analyze. Any chance of that?
>>
>> cheers

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I just got around to making some updates to [convolve~] for partitioned
>>> IR convolution reverb. I'm now using FFTW so that non-power-of-two window
>>> sizes are possible, which gives finer control over the delay between the
>>> dry and wet signal as well as CPU% impact. You can change window size
>>> on the fly now too. The other major difference is an FFT filter eq
>>> method for making custom adjustments to the IR's spectrum.
>>>
>>> I'd appreciate testing from anyone who's willing. The source, help file,
>>> and Mac OS binary are here:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/wbrent/convolve_tilde.git
>>>
>>> I'll probably update with Windows and 64bit Linux binaries tomorrow. Or,
>>> the Makefile will let you build in the meantime if you build/install FFTW
>>> first.
>>>
>>> William
>>>

>>> --
>>> William Brent
>>> www.williambrent.com
>>>
>>> “Great minds flock together”
>>> Conflations: conversational idiom for the 21st century
>>>
>>> www.conflations.com

>>> stinfo/pd-list
>>>

> --
> William Brent
> www.williambrent.com
>
> “Great minds flock together”
> Conflations: conversational idiom for the 21st century
>
> www.conflations.com

Ho cambiato l'indirizzo email in mm.markidis at autistici.org . Se non è un
problema, scrivimi a questo nuovo indirizzo email.

I changed my email address in mm.markidis at autistici.org . If it is ok for
you, please write me to this new email address.