[PD] reporting the dimensions of a symbol / float atom

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 23:31:08 CET 2018

On Mit, 2018-03-21 at 18:52 +0000, Liam Goodacre wrote:
> It would certainly help me to have be able to query atom sizes.

I see your point and the benefit of such a feature. Independent of
that, I'd like to be able to count on consistent box sizes across
platforms and future Pd versions.

> BTW, we are talking about two different things here: font size and
> atom size. What is the relationship between them? In 0.48.1, the atom
> appears to have increased in height, suggesting that they are not
> always proportional.

Right. I was assuming those would be related, but my main concern is
about box size, exactly because of fitting atoms into GOP areas.

Roman