[PD] compiling PD on windows

rolfm at dds.nl rolfm at dds.nl
Thu Mar 22 06:01:38 CET 2018

my ultimate goal is to be able to compile on an older machine with XP.

to get experience i first tried on Windows 10.

installed MSYS2 etc (following Dan's instructions on the GITHUB page.

start MSYS2, cd to the src folder of Vanilla 48.1, and do

make

which gives me the error: /bin/sh: cl: opdracht niet gevonden (==
command not found).

(screenshot attached).

the same happens when i try to use Visual Studio 2015.

the VCSDK & VC9 are present in my system, so is the cl.exe.

my conclusion: somehow the makefile which should work for Windows
doesn't fit with my system.

but i don't know what to do about it.

any suggestion?

rolf