[PD] Creating a GUI object on Pd 0.48.1 with keyboard shortcut create two objects on MacOSX

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 12:14:03 CET 2018

Are you using an English keyboard and/or English local aka Pd is in English? There seems to be  weird bug that causes this on *some* systems and switching Pd to english fixes it. I'm not sure what's going on, but it's related to the TK 8.5 cocoa bindings backend which is also causing the issues [key].

> On Mar 22, 2018, at 11:34 AM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 11:18:34 +0100
> From: Jack <jack at rybn.org <mailto:jack at rybn.org>>
> To: pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>
> Subject: [PD] Creating a GUI object on Pd 0.48.1 with keyboard
> 	shortcut create two objects on MacOSX
>
> Hello,
>
> Everything is in the title (Pd 0.48.1, MacOSX) : during a workshop some
> people with this configuration trying to create a GUI object with
> keyboard shortcut, create two times this object. (I don't know exactly
> the version of MacOSX).
> Is it a known bug ?
> ++
>
> Jack