[PD] compiling PD on windows

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 12:33:33 CET 2018

Those instructions are for Windows 7+, I don't believe Msys2 will work on Vista or XP.

While theoretically Pd could be build on anything with a C compiler, I think you're a bit more on your own with setting up / maintaining a build system for anything that old at this point. Maybe someone else has some ideas on that, I sure don't.

> On Mar 22, 2018, at 6:01 AM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 06:01:38 +0100
> From: rolfm at dds.nl <mailto:rolfm at dds.nl>
> To: Pd list <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
> Subject: Re: [PD] compiling PD on windows
>
> my ultimate goal is to be able to compile on an older machine with XP.
>
> to get experience i first tried on Windows 10.
>
> installed MSYS2 etc (following Dan's instructions on the GITHUB page.
>
> start MSYS2, cd to the src folder of Vanilla 48.1, and do
>
> make

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>