[PD] compiling PD on windows

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 18:25:26 CET 2018

> On Mar 23, 2018, at 3:27 PM, rolfm at dds.nl wrote:
>
> so, with the sources from github i succeeded to make the app.

Great!

> the verbosity of the output of the whole proces is quite overwhelming for someone like me.

That's normal output for the whole build process. Just let it run until it stops. If you build a lot of open source projects, just just get used to seeing it even if not everything makes sense. At least you know *something* is happening. There are some tricks to silence the output but most people *expect* it at this point and it's especially helpful to see where errors happen (if they happen).

> there were a number of warnings:
> e.g.: "remember to run 'libtool --finish /..../bob~
> or: "assignment from incompatible pointer"
>
> is it necessary to do something with them?

No, it's just a warning and this particular one is just complaining that libtool doesn't like the tilde in the compiled external file name. It works just fine.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>