[PD] Creating a GUI object on Pd 0.48.1 with keyboard shortcut create two objects on MacOSX

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 02:01:21 CET 2018

After some testing, it looks like the issue is how the Tk is handling the Shift key with the French keyboard mapping.

For example, the Bang shortcut is bound as:

bind all <$::modifier-Shift-Key-B> {menu_send %W bng}
bind all <$::modifier-Shift-Key-b> {menu_send %W bng}

and the menu item:

$mymenu add command -label [_ "Bang"]     -accelerator "$accelerator+Shift+B" \
        -command {menu_send $::focused_window bng}

With the English keyboard mapping, the $::modifier-Shift-Key-b fires and the menu item's command is ignored (expected behavior).

With the French keyboard mapping, the $::modifier-Shift-Key-B fires AND the menu item command fires. It seems as though the capital B doesn't get matched to the menu accelerator binding.

The German keyboard mapping behaves the same as the English one.

> On Mar 23, 2018, at 10:29 PM, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I can confirm seeing this with a French keyboard mapping and my system set to English.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>