[PD] handling path and filenames with spaces in vanilla 0.48

Mikael at UL mikael.fernstrom at ul.ie
Fri Mar 30 12:53:55 CEST 2018

I’m currently reworking some of my older patches and moving from Extended to Vanilla  0.48.0

I have a text object defined:
[text define -k filelist]
that contains 16 file names (i.e. full path and file name).
File names are set by [openpanel] etc.

The file names are also passed on to [soundfiler] with the message:

[read -resize -raw 128 2 2 b $1 table1 table2(

where $1 is the message from [openpanel] (path+filename)

I store filelist by sending [write myfilelist.txt( to the [text define -k filelist].

When I try to read back  the list by sending
[read myfilelist.txt( to the [text define -k filelist], the text (path + filename) cannot be passed on via a message as a $1 argument to [soundfiler], as the text now appears to be parsed and breaks at the first space in the path+file name.

Any suggestions?

/Mikael

Dr. Mikael Fernström
Interaction Design Centre
Department of Computer Science and Information Systems
University of Limerick
Limerick
V94 T9PX
IRELAND