[PD] add inlets to [ctlin]

mario buoninfante mario.buoninfante at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 17:04:57 CEST 2018

Hi Roman,

you're absolutely right, in fact that's the way I'm doing. but I suppose
that having the possibility to directly set the object would allow to
have better performances.

Imagine a situation where you have 10 [ctlin] objects in a patch and
then you implement the kind of filter we're talking about (a couple of
[spigot] and [==] in my case). in this scenario, every time a CC message
is sent to the patch, all these objects are exercised ([ctlin] + 2
[spigot] + 2 [==], all of them * 10). this wouldn't happen if [ctlin]
had 2 inlets to set the arguments on the fly. all the processes would
happen under the hood, within the 10 [ctlin] objects, without involving
other objects.

cheers,

Mario