[PD] add inlets to [ctlin]

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Mar 31 22:04:15 CEST 2018

On 03/31/2018 05:10 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:

>> Hi Roman,
>>
>> you're absolutely right, in fact that's the way I'm doing. but I suppose
>> that having the possibility to directly set the object would allow to have
>> better performances.
>>

> sure +1

saying "better performance" is somewhat a no-brainer, but do you have
any estimate on *how much* better that performance would be?

e.g. Pd can easily process enough midi-messages to make pianos talk¹ on
a rpi2-like arm processor.
would the extra CPU power you get by the performance boost of a ctlin
inlet allow you to make money with hashcoins?

or to quote knuth: "premature optimization is the root..."

fmsdr
IOhannes

PS: there probably isn't any good reason to not have additional inlets
for [ctlin]. but performance is in an entirely different realm.

¹ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muCPjK4nGY4