[PD] suggestion: $0 in messages

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Thu Apr 5 12:53:59 CEST 2018

On 03/04/18 03:02, Miller Puckette wrote:
> shouldn't this be expanded into a full-on scripting language?

Heck yes! For audio vectors the dataflow paradigm is glorious. But
building k-rate algorithms and logic with a mouse makes one i-rate (a
bit weird to whinge about this when I choose to spend so much time doing
it I'll admit).

This was my exact motivation for lolPd[1]. There are some very very
little TCL implementations[2][3] which could map quite nicely to Pd.
Another fun idea is a visual LISP-like such as Blockly[4].

Anyway, I'm sorry to conjure up the spectacle of another several decades
of challenging software development and maintenance work. We probably
don't say this often enough around here: thank you very much for Pd, Miller.

Cheers,

Chris.

[1] https://github.com/chr15m/lolPd
[2] https://github.com/zserge/partcl (600 lines of code!)