[PD] forcing array size based on text file size

Jack jack at rybn.org
Fri Apr 6 16:21:03 CEST 2018

Hello,

Le 06/04/2018 à 10:55, Fede a écrit :
> Hi Jim,
>
> Like [soundfiler]’s “-resize” flag, this would be a very useful feature for array loading.
>

> You can load a text file and then query its size, something like:
>
> [read -c your_file, bang(
> |
> [text]
> |\
> [text size]
> |
> [array size your_array]

Hmm, not sure this patch will work fine.
Did you try it ?

Jim, What do you want to store in the array. That doesn't seem entirely
clear to me ? Do you need to store each character ? [array]s, in Pd,
only store floats. So you will be able to store each character as its
decimal ASCII representation (or maybe better to use Unicode here) in
the array. For instance, "A" will be 65.
++

Jack