[PD] GEM win10 openGL issue

Anisla Mona anisla.mona at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 20:00:09 CEST 2018

Hi all,
Trying to migrate a video patch (from pd extended 0.42.5, in mac) to pure data 0.48.1, in win.
I’m able to load Gem 0.93.3 through deken, and when i start Pd Gem seems to load correctly.

But when trying gemframebuffer it doesn`t work and an error appears at console:

[gemframebuffer]: openGL version 1.3 needed

I have updated to the latest drivers for the Graphics Cards (Intel & Nvidia). Both of them support openGL 4.
I use Win 10 Home 64 bits. Pure data 32bit. Quicktime installed.
(I also try with pure data extended 0.42.5 for win, but the same error occurs)

(I try opening software VPT7, that needs openGL 1.4 or higher and it works perfectly)

Is it because of 64bits SO vs 32 bits PureData?
Any idea is welcome.
I have made a deep search in pd-list posts and web but I didn`t found any solution (I have try copying msvcr71.dll in Gem folder -as have said once in the pd-list- but the same error ocurrs)

I found a post that related similar problem 8 years ago, but with no answers in it (https://forum.pdpatchrepo.info/topic/4199/error-gemframebuffer-opengl-version-1-3-needed)

I think it should be a silly thing that i am not doing, but I can`t find the solution and I am a little desperate

I’m using a brand new laptop Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU at 2.80GHz
S.O. Windows 10 Home 64 bits

I have updated to the last drivers of the Graphic-Cards.

Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design

Thanks in advance for your help
Cheers!