[PD] debugging complex extern

David Medine dmedine at ucsd.edu
Thu Apr 12 13:11:57 CEST 2018

After starting gdb --args etc. as in your example, and after calling run
I get this:

Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/libthread_db.so.1".
Detaching after fork from child process 3889.
[New Thread 0x7ffff61ff700 (LWP 3891)]

(Pd is on PID 3888 in this case)

and there is no gdb prompt. If I put a break point in before I hit 'run'
I get the same, and the process doesn't break, even though the function
I wanted to break is surely called.