[PD] avoid "properities"/"open" options in abstractions

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 22:44:44 CEST 2018

Hi, thanks, yeah, I had checked properties before like you suggested
earlier. And I see how it has extra code to not make the new properties
behaviour affect all canvases. I think I'm ok with that. But I can just use
that same logic and put the *tcl* code instead. I have other issues when
trying to achieve my goal.

You see, for what I get, [propertybag] uses "class_setpropertiesfn"
(declared in m_pd.h and the way to create properties for externals) to add
a different properties behaviour, and then hack it to overwrite the
behaviour of a canvas. But I'm after removing properties instead off adding
them.

So this needs to be accessed and hacked earlier than the stage we're
accessing the properties, like when we capture a right click! This seems to
be done in g_editor.c
<https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/blob/6b42a26d52708a4cc8df18f4901bfa48fc9fbb66/src/g_editor.c>
in
the canvas_rightclick function. If there was a way to set rightclick
function in Pd headers, this would be easy and done, but none of this
is declared
in the Pd headers...

In its turn, canvas_rightclick calls the "*::pdtk_canvas::pdtk_canvas_popup*"
function in tcl/pdtk_canvas.tcl
<https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/blob/1c60a514eab4141b708c5df5e6f401d796500088/tcl/pdtk_canvas.tcl>,
and we can mess with that by overwritting it, as the kiosk plugin does.
Overwriting it seems to be the only way I can imagine to do this. I can't
overwrite canvas_rightclick or other code from  g_editor.c
<https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/blob/6b42a26d52708a4cc8df18f4901bfa48fc9fbb66/src/g_editor.c>,
right?

But how to overwrite it only when I'm dealing with a particular canvas? I
can't find the answer to this by checking propertybang, and I'm not even
sure it can be done in any way.

Please tell me if I'm missing something obvious and an answer to that
within the code of propertybang

Thanks