[PD] Search path broken after upgrade to 0.48.0 (Ubuntu/Linux)

Joey Dodson joey.dodson3 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 22:46:17 CEST 2018

Thanks for the reply Dan. To clarify, I have added the paths back in 0.48,
including subdirectories, but Pd does not seem be recognizing them at all.

My preferences:

Search paths:
~/Documents/Music/Pd
~/Documents/Music/Pd/all other subdirectories individually listed...
~/.local/lib/pd/extra

Pd Documents Directory:
~/Documents/Music/Pd

Externals Install Directory:
~/Documents/Music/Pd/externals

Use Standard Paths option doesn't seem to make a difference either way.

Checking the Verbose option prints out "tried ~/Documents/Music/Pd/patch.pd
and failed" for every patch that attempts to be created from those folders.

I also just noticed a strange case where I tried to create one of my
abstractions (detune.pd) in an empty patch with verbose output. It fails to
load it from a whole lot of places in ~/Documents/Music/Pd/ and
subdirectories, but finally succeeds: "tried
~/.local/lib/pd/extra/detune.pd and succeeded". However, this abstraction
uses a bondo from the cyclone library, which I have installed at
~/Documents/Music/Pd/externals. Pd tries to find bondo in
~/.local/lib/pd/extra first, but fails repeatedly. At the bottom of the
log, I noticed this: "tried
~/Documents/Music/Pd/externals/cyclone/bondo.pd_linux and succeeded". So
apparently it is sometimes finding things in my paths? Or this might be
because it's part of an external installed through deken? Yet, other
externals I've also installed through deken seem to fail. I'm really at a
loss.